November 22, 2016
With midterm season hopefully (finally) over, I wanted to take a few minutes to update you on some of the events to look forward to in the upcoming months.
For those of you that purchased a ticket, don’t forget to head on down to Snowball: Fire & Ice this Thursday night! After the winter break, The Lazaridis Students’ Society is excited to present to you: The Lazaridis Networking Gala. We take the initiative to invite alumni and industry professionals to spend a formal evening talking and looking for future prospects in their respective fields. Keep watching the Lazaridis Students’ Society Facebook page so you don’t miss out on your chance to grab a ticket!
If you haven’t heard yet, LazSoc does coffee break every Wednesday outside the clubs office (near the old Tim Hortons) in the Peters Building! Make sure to stop by for free coffee and snacks.
With finals season fast approaching, good luck and start studying now!
Lazaridis Students’ Society
Name: Kwaku Boateng
Program: Honours BBA
Year: 4th Year
What’s your favourite Laurier moment?
Winning the Yates Cup with my team, after years of hard work and dedication.
What was going through your head when the team won the Yates Cup?
Happiness and joy. I felt like all the guys who stuck together since my rookie season (2013) have created a legacy no one can ever take away from us.
Any advice for student athletes that are struggling to balance school work and sports?
Being a student athlete is a privilege that not many people get the opportunity of having. So I would suggest to always look at life in a positive light even when you’re world seems impossible… you’ll be okay. It comes down to solid time management skills and self discipline.
*Photographed by Christian Bender
Where do you hope to be 5 years from now?
Either playing professional football or getting my CPA designation.
If you were stranded on an island and you could bring any 3 things, what would they be and why?
- A best friend – because 2 heads are always better than 1… and because I know I’d go insane being alone
- Axe – Because it can be used as a weapon, a tool, and it’s a dope thing to have
- A case of Palm Bays – because I know myself well enough… I can’t survive in the wilderness; I’m not built for that exploration life lol. So I may as well kick back, crack a cold Palm Bay, and relax until death knocks on the door (Kanye Shrug).
What one word best describes you?
What’s your favourite meal to grab on campus?
Wilf’s Rock & Roll Chicken Wings 🙂
Check back next week for updated upcoming events!
- It's always a good time to celebrate. #YEG2017 ticket sales end in ONE WEEK, grab yours at https://t.co/lYdsvGXXJc https://t.co/iJcKDiXhZs
- Polish that resume, give back to the community and get involved as a student volunteer for 2017-18 year! https://t.co/Xhu48GUEoI to apply
- @JoshuaHsieh_ hi! These processes take a while. We will be in touch with you shortly
- @bbcanfan3 Yes! You most definitely can apply