HRL is looking to hire 2 First Year Representatives for the 2022/2023 school year. Applications are due Wednesday, September 28th at 11:59 pm. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by Sunday, October 2nd. We want to learn who YOU are - be yourself, and don’t stress! We are excited to read your application!
HRL is the only club on campus dedicated to the functional area of HR. Our goal is to educate students on the exciting and vast opportunities that a career in human resources has to offer, give you the knowledge and tools you will need to succeed and provide students with face-to-face time with recruiters from many high-profile companies.
The ideal First Year Representative has a strong sense of initiative and the ability to identify gaps that need to be filled and bring new ideas to better the team. We are looking for someone who is responsible, detail-oriented, a team player, and open to learning and doing new tasks. We need someone who is hard-working and brings excitement and positive energy to the team.
What's in it For You?
- Have a say in which portfolio you work with, or try them all (ex. finance, marketing, events, etc.)
- Take ownership of the ideation, planning, coordinating, and execution of an event and workshops while leading the FYR Portfolio
- 1:1 mentorship from an upper-year student in the club
- Be a part of a tight-knit team that cares about you and has fun
- Attendance to all club events and weekly meetings is mandatory
- Promote and share HRL content amongst other first-years
- Be engaged in the club, and be excited and willing to work hard
- Be passionate about Human Resources and dedicated to improving the educational experience of Laurier Students
- Opportunities to network with and learn from current HRL executives about their role, responsibilities, and what it means to be a club exec at Laurier
- Time commitment: 5-7 hours per week