APPLY HERE: https://forms.gle/MX1hMcCcLAzMAna69
Role Description:LazSoc is seeking individuals who are deeply passionate about the Lazaridis School, raising awareness about social issues and giving back to the community. This year, we are looking to expand our community outreach and open our events to a wider range of students within our community, as well as build and expand upon our existing flagship events.
Duties and Responsibilities Include, but Are Not Limited to:
- Working alongside the rest of the Operations portfolio to assist with event ideation, planning, and execution to shape the LazSoc event calendar
- Responsible for organizing set up and take down as well as coordinating event displays and layout
- Organizing facilities and details such as decor, catering, entertainment, location, invitee list, etc.
- Thinking creatively to develop new event ideas and concepts that can help LazSoc grow as an organization in order to provide the most value to students
- Ensuring that all LazSoc events run as smoothly and effectively as possible
- Working collaboratively with the marketing and corporate portfolio to develop new strategies to provide value to Lazaridis students and stakeholders
- Writing, formatting, and corresponding mass emails effectively with guest speakers and attendees.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- Passion and creativity
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be a strong team player
- Ability to work well under pressure and think on your feet
- Ability to approach challenges with creative solutions that help teams meet objectives.
*No prior experience required
The average time commitment for this role is 5-10 hours per week, with a heavier time commitment leading up to events.
If you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org