Vice President of Finance
Xlerate is looking to recruit an organized and responsible student to become our Vice President of Finance for the upcoming 2020-21 academic year. The VP of Finance reports directly to the Co-President team and works closely with several executive portfolios (mainly Events and Corporate Relations), LazSoc, and WLU Students’ Union to manage budgets and financial transactions. The VP of Finance is also responsible for managing sponsorship dollars, monitoring the financial feasibility of events, and procuring supplies.
There is one Vice President of Finance position available. If selected, you will be required to lead a first-year director that will support you in your responsibilities.
Average time commitment: 5-9 hours/week
- Manage the Xlerate Lazaridis budget and keep extremely detailed records of all revenues and expenses
- Assess the Xlerate Lazaridis budget and recommend practical and realistic financial allocations for club spending
- Prepare updated financial statements
- Approve, process, and submit reimbursements for expenses and invoices by working internally with all executives, and externally with LazSoc and WLUSU
- Manage and monitor cash, credit, and invoice expenses/income with integrity and confidentiality
You will receive an email regarding your status as a prospective candidate by the end of April 8th, 2021. If you are selected for an interview, you will be allowed to choose a time slot that best suits your schedule from a list of dates. Be prepared for a video interview during the weekend of April 9th-11th. Please reach out to Hannah Bacon (email@example.com) or Siena Di Felice (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns.
Apply here by April 6th at 11:59 pm: