Role Description:The Finance Associate (First year applicants only) will be working alongside the Vice President of Finance, as well as the other Finance Directors to execute certain financial tasks for all Clubs and Associations within the Lazaridis Students' Society. In this position, the individual selected will help with sponsorship transactions between companies and clubs, as well as maintaining the tracking of the transactions. In addition, they will also be assisting with Shopify transactions and the monthly reports associated with them. This position is reliant on communication skills, critical thinking, and overall professionalism, as well as an eagerness to be a contributing team member. (Financial experience is an asset, but not mandatory)
Duties and Responsibilities Include, but Are Not Limited to:
- Ensure the consistency and organization of all Lazaridis Students’ Society clubs’ and associations’ sponsorships and Shopify transactions;
- Setup, update, and reconcile tracking of clubs’ and associations’ sponsorship and Shopify activities;
- Compare the records of the clubs and associations to the records of the Wilfrid Laurier University Students’ Union and the Lazaridis Students’ Society internal records;
- Meet with the Vice Presidents of Finance on a weekly basis for reports and updates;
- Report unusual or questionable findings to the Vice President of Finance;
- Collaborate with finance and other portfolios to complete cross functional tasks; and
- Assist with Lazaridis Students' Society events and functions.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- Passionate about the position and willing to learn
- Excellent teamwork, time management, and collaboration skills
- High attention to detail
For this role, please be ready to devote 5-10 hours per week in the Fall and Winter.
If you have any questions please reach out to Dylan Viero at email@example.com
Applications close at 11:59pm on Sept. 15